Ten Top Tips
Ten Top Tips to Back Care
- For back pain, better to see your osteopath sooner than later.
- Take regular exercise - your osteopath can say what's right for you.
- Hours in one position can cause problems - avoid 'computer hump'.
- During repetitive tasks, vary your rhythm and take frequent breaks.
- Adjust car seats and on long journeys, take regular breaks to stretch.
- Pace yourself with heavy work like gardening - don't risk a disc!
- Watch children's posture – they shouldn't carry bags on one shoulder or spend too long at a computer without breaks.
- During pregnancy, osteopathy can help your body adjust to changes.
- Avoid strain when lifting, particularly small children and shopping.
- Your bed could be part of the problem. Seek osteopathic advice on choosing a new one.